If you have jailbroken with unc0ver and want to go back to default version of iOS or you want to remove jailbreak with unc0ver to try another jailbreak tool. Fortunately, the unc0ver tool also comes with a feature that lets you remove jailbreaks in just a few simple steps.
In this article, I will show you how to remove unc0ver jailbreak without restoring your iPhone or iPad. This method is traditionally recommended during device recovery as it doesn't erase your data and retains your version of iOS. After all, this is especially useful if you want to switch to a different jailbreak tool instead of unc0ver.
How to remove unc0ver jailbreak
If you're ready to remove the unc0ver jailbreak from your iPhone or iPad without wanting to restore your device, follow the instructions below:
1. Open the un0ver application up.
2. Click Gear icon in the upper left corner to enter the installation of unc0ver.
3. Turn on options Restore RootFS up.
4. Click Done in the upper right corner to go back to the first page of un0ver.
5. Next, click the button Restore RootFS blue at the bottom of the application.
6. After unc0ver completes restoring the original file system, it will ask you restart the machine, just press Ok is to be.
Once your device has rebooted, Cydia will be removed from the home screen.
Now you can delete the un0ver app if you want. I advise you to leave it alone in case you want to jailbreak again in the future.
When the system files are restored, your iPhone will be in the original state it was before you jailbreak. You can use a different jailbreak tool to jailbreak your device, or simply reuse the unc0ver tool.
Restoring the original file system is a great way to keep your current version of iOS after deleting the jailbreak, as it ensures that you can still jailbreak in the future.
If you need to sell your device to someone, you can follow this guide, then use the options Set again (Reset) in Settings - General settings (Settings - General) to restore your device to its original state without any software upgrade.