WinContig 2.4 is an easy to use standalone defragger. It does not create any installation directories or registry entries on your computer. Its purpose is to quickly defrag files without having to defrag the whole disk.
In addition, WinContig allows you to group files into profiles and also accepts a number of optional command line switches that you can use to control how the program works.
To get started, simply extract the contents of the ZIP archive into any directory you like and run it. Its fragmentation and analysis tools are based on Microsoft's standard fragmentation API. The application supports two different defrag methods.
If you select the Quick method, WinContig will find the first amount of free space large enough to defragment file and use it. Use this defrag method if you use tools like Windows Defrag to defragment your hard disk on a regular basis.
If you select the Smart method, the program will find the amount of free space that best fits a file into the ad that uses it.
In addition, if there is not enough free space to completely defragment an input file, WinContig will try to reduce the number of segments of that file. This application is released as free software for personal and commercial use.
What's new in WinContig 184.108.40.206:
- Improve the Disk Check dialog box. Now it shows more information about the episodes, including S.M.A.R.T. attribute value.
- Feature requested by user]Now, checking for file system errors can be run on demand.
- During file system error checking, WinContig may display false positive errors on some Windows environments. Fixed.
- Improved searching for fragmented files is listed in the Fragmented Files tab.
- Changed some shortcuts to better fit the Windows standard.
- Added the ability to temporarily disable the Volume Copy Service during the defragmentation process to prevent the growth of VSS area storage.
- A number of minor bugs have been fixed.
Download WinContig 2.4 Full Active
Installation instructions WinContig 2.4
Video on installing WinContig 2.4