The size of a Facebook cover photo is understood to be the most standard image size to post as a Facebook cover photo for your personal account or Fanpage. In fact, if we choose an image with a size equal to or larger than this standard size and post it, the image will display incorrect display when viewed on devices such as computers, laptops or smartphones.
Facebook cover photo size
Fanpage is a great place for businesses to promote their brand and connect with potential customers.
The dimensions of the cover image are specified to be 820 pixels wide and 312 pixels high for desktop, 640 pixels wide 360 pixels for mobile devices. If your uploaded image is smaller than these dimensions, Facebook will stretch it to fit - making it look blurry.
- The largest size of Facebook cover photo: 1958px x 745px
- Minimum size of Facebook cover photo: 820px x 312px
- Aspect ratio: 2.63: 1
As you can see in the image above, depending on where your customers are viewing on mobile or desktop, the cover image will display differently. Therefore, it is best to focus on your content in the green space - where people can view your fanpage full cover image regardless of the device they are using.
Note: Because your avatar will be on the left side. So you want to add some balance to your Facebook cover design, then focus on the image on the right.
Facebook ad image size (Facebook ADS)
There are many ways to display images on Facebook ADS. The size will depend on where the user wants to display his ad.
Usually there will be facebook ADS positions that are:
- Facebook News Feed: Appeared in between normal Facebook posts.
- Right column on Facebook: Ads show below the right sidebar for the Desktop version.
- Instant Facebook Posts: A post specifically designed to fix the issue of page load speed for the mobile version.
- Facebook Marketplace: Similar to Facebook News Feed. However, ads of this type are displayed on the Marketplace only. And apply to mobile version.
- Sponsored Messages: Ads of this type appear as Facebook messages from friends.
- Messenger Home: Ads appear on the home page of the Facebook Messenger application.
- The standard dimensions for ad images are 1200 px x 628 px, which corresponds to a ratio of 1.91: 1.
In addition, users can also post Facebook ads through posts on their site. Now you need to know the size, resolution, layout of the article images to post ads most effectively, attract the click of the viewer.
Size of post image on fanpage
Facebook recently launched the resize and optimize feature. Therefore, an image of a regular Facebook post that is uploaded will have a maximum display width of 492px. The height of the image also depends on the orientation and aspect ratio.
Specifically posted image size fanpage largest is:
- Square: 492px by 492px
- Portrait: 492 × 738
- Landscape: 492 × 276
The size displays many square images
Square images come in a variety of sizes depending on the number of images:
- If you upload a square: 492px x 492px
- If you up 2 squares: 245px x 246px (both)
- If you upload 3 squares: 492px by 245px (above), 245px by 245px (2 below)
- If you upload 4 squares: 245px x 245px (all 4 images)
- If you upload 5 squares: 245px x 245px (two images above), 163px x 163px (two images below left / right), 162px by 163px (1 image below, center)
- If you upload 6 squares: display as 5 images and the bottom right hand picture will have overlay showing the number of remaining images.
Display size of many vertical images
When uploading many vertical images, there are also different sizes depending on the number of images:
- If you upload an image: 492px by 738px
- If you upload 2 images: 245px by 492px
- If you upload 3 images: 327px x 492px (left), 163px by 245px (right top and bottom)
- If you upload 4 images: 327px x 492px (left), 163px x 163px (right top and bottom), 163px x 162px (right middle)
- If you upload 5 images: 245px x 245px (2 images above), 163px x 163px (2 left / right), 162px x 163px (bottom center)
- If you upload 6 images: Similar to 5 images, but the right hand image overlay will show the number of remaining images.
Size displays many horizontal images
- If you upload an image: 492px by 276px
- If you upload 2 images: 492px x 245px
- If you upload 3 images: 492px x 327px (top), 245px x 163px (bottom left / right)
- If you upload 4 images: 492px x 327px (top), 163px x163px (bottom left / right), 162px x 163px (bottom center)
- If you upload 5 images: 245px x 245px (top / bottom left), 245px x 163px (top / bottom right), 145px x 162px (center right)
- If you upload 6 images: Same as 5 images, but the lower right image has an overlay showing the number of remaining images.
Multiple images in multiple sizes
If you upload multiple images of different sizes at once, Facebook will rely on the layout of the first image to display. Remember to optimize your efficiency.
Facebook link sharing size
For post photo size share link on facebook. You should use images with at least 1200 x 630 pixels to best display on high-resolution devices. In this case, the image should be at least 600 x 315 pixels in size.
Image format and size for uploading to Facebook
- Image formats that users are allowed to upload to Facebook are quite diverse. Includes popular formats like: JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF and TIFF
- Allowed photo upload size: less than 15 MB.
6 types of standard image sizes that Facebook often uses
1. Facebook avatar image size: 180 pixels x 180 pixels
2. The standard profile size for the profile cover: 851 pixels by 315 pixels
3.The size of the cover photo, also known as the Facebook cover ratio: 820 pixels x 312 pixels
4. The standard size of the group's cover photo: 801 pixels by 250 pixels
5. Size of standard event cover images: 785 pixels x 295 pixels
6. Facebook ADS ad photo sizes:
- Square: 900 pixels × 900 pixels (for light)
- The rectangle is located: 1200 pixels × 900 pixels
- Vertical rectangle: 900 pixels × 1200 pixels
Hay Great Content Form For Facebook Helps Increase Like Likes
The post Facebook Cover Photo Size Latest 2020 appeared first on SEO COMPANY WEBSITE SPECIALIZED IN IMK SEO SERVICES.