What Is Mailchimp- The Importance Of Mailchimp For Email Marketing
Mailchimp, Sendinblue, Getresponse are quite familiar concepts in email marketing.
What is MailChimp?
MailChimp is a service that allows you to send mail to your customers based on a list of customer email addresses. MailChimp provides many eye-catching email marketing templates, email list management, and supports many features to track and analyze user data.
MailChimp pros and cons
Overall, MailChimp is really a useful tool for any website in this era. However, this tool still has certain pros and cons that you need to know before using:
Advantages of MailChimp
- Intuitive user interface.
- The tool is compatible with many third-party software and services to meet many jobs.
- It is widely used in the field of e-commerce and email marketing services.
- Support A / B testing for broadcast emails.
- The email templates are beautifully designed.
- Support accurate data reporting and analysis.
- Large capacity, diverse service packages with different prices.
- Mailchimp's Free plan supports up to 2000 subscribers.
Disadvantages of MailChimp
- Due to being too focused on the subscriber list, it is not flexible.
- Mailchimp does not support tagging users.
- It is impossible to automate highly complex marketing strategies.
- Cannot be used for real events like webinars.
- Continue adding subscribers that are already in the list.
The registration forms created by MailChimp are not really great.
How to use MailChimp effectively
Mailchimp is one of the most popular Email Marketing platforms today. Below, Mat Bao will guide you how to use some of the most basic features of MailChimp including:
- How to sign up for a Mailchimp account
- Set up your playlist
- Create an email campaign
- Customize the registration form
- How to embed email registration form in website / blog
- Measurement and testing
Sign up for a Mailchimp account
To start using MailChimp you need to immediately sign up for an account at MailChimp.com. Rest assured that everything is free, press the button "Sign Up Free" in the upper right corner.
There will be 3 items that require you to fill out including Email, pay attention to use real email because you will receive activation mail. Username can only use letters and numbers or use your own email. Password (password) will have 5 rules that you need to note.
- A lowercase character (a, b, c ...)
- One capital letter (A, B, C ...)
- Some (1,2,3…)
- A special character (!, $,% ...)
- Minimum of 8 characters
Next, check your registered email inbox and click the button "Active Account" to activate your account. Then, you will be redirected to the interface to choose the service packages at MailChimp, choose to call Free to continue using.
Fill in your name: First name and Last name, your company name and website (if any), otherwise just select “No”. Your address information, if the Country is Vietnam, enter the Zip section is 700000.
Choosing the number of emails in your list is not that important as we will reinstall later. Finally choose “Not right now” to skip the initial instructions.
Set up your playlist
Set up your customer list or email list, depending on the service packages you buy that can store different number of emails. For you using the Free plan will be allowed to save up to 2000 emails.
Currently, MailChimp has changed the interface and limited the number of audience to only 1 for Free accounts. Therefore, to create an email list, you will have certain changes, please follow these steps:
Step 1: Access your MailChimp account, select "Audience" on the Menu bar.
Step 2: On the right corner select "View Audience" to manage your audience.
Step 3: In the right corner of the audience will be options to install, edit registration form, manage Subscriber, Import, Export. Select “Manage Contacts” to go to the Subscriber management interface.
Step 4: Select "Add subscriber" to add customer email information. This is manual insertion, when you have few subscribers.
Step 5: In case there are more than one Subscriber, choose “Import History” and then “Start New Import”. Or in step 3 you choose "Import" too.
Step 6: MailChimp supports 3 ways to import customer data, choose one of three ways and then click “Continue To Setup” to continue.
- Upload the CSV file from your computer
- Copy / Paste data from .xls or .xlsx files
- Connect with third-party services such as Google Drive, Zendesk, Salesforce ...
Create an email campaign
Step 1: Access the MailChimp homepage, select Campain on the Menu bar and click "Create Campaign".
Step 2: In the left column, there will be options for different purposes such as email notifications, product advertising, sharing new articles ...
Step 3: Select "Email" and enter campaign name in Campaign Name box then click "Begin".
Step 4: There are 4 lines for you to add information, including:
- To: Select the audience that contains a list of emails of customers you want to send. You can select all subscribers in this audience or groups, tags, then click "Save".
- From (sender information): The default will get the Audience information, but you can customize it.
- Subject: Name the email that you will send the client.
- Content: Select any template, then fill in the information on the template, insert logo ... click "Save & Close".
Step 5: Finish editing the 4 above information, you will see a green check mark like the image above. In the top right corner, select "Shedule" to schedule a sending or "Send" to send immediately.
Custom registration form
With the above 2 steps, you can use MailChimp to save email customer list and send mail to them. In addition, one feature you should use to collect emails from your website visitors is insert registration form.
First, you need to create a registration form, for each audience you can create a registration form for easy management.
Step 1: On the MailChimp homepage, select Audience on the menu bar.
Step 2: In the right column of the audience you want to create a form select "Sign up Forms". MailChimp gives you the options to create registration forms, embed forms on websites, forms for subscribers, ...
Step 3: Select Form builder to create registration form, select form type, drag and drop elements to edit the form. Finally, Copy the link in the box "Sign up form URL" to send to your customer.
How to embed email registration form in website / blog
For websites using other platforms WordPress, you choose “Embedded forms” to embed registration form into web / blog. Select the type of form you want to embed, Copy the code in the box "Copy / Paste on to your site" and paste it into the web source code at the desired location.
For WordPress sites you can take advantage of plugins for simpler insertion. Encourage you to use the MailChimp Forms by MailMunch Plugin which helps in connecting your MailChimp account.
After installing the Plugin, you will be asked to login to your MailChimp account. Continue to select "New form" to create registration form for your website visitors. Select the Popup template, the position will appear on the Web, select "Start Building".
Finally you fill in all the necessary information, at Tab Intergrate you choose the service of MailChimp, Tab Publish, select Active to start displaying Popup.
Note: If this is your first time using, you will receive a message asking to create a MailMunch account. Click "Create Account", the default will use your MailChimp information and just enter the Password to create an account.
Now in the Status box, you will see the words Active, a Popup will appear when there are visitors to the website. In the case of using the service Managed WordPress Hosting.
Measurement and testing
At the MailChimp home page, select Reports on the menu bar, all of your campaigns will be displayed. All this data can be downloaded to your computer for easy monitoring, analysis or reporting. Some information that you need to care about:
- Recipients: Number of email recipients.
- 24-hour performance: Click statistics according to time chart.
- Top links clicked: List the most popular posts.
- Subscribers with most opens: Users who regularly open to view messages.
- Social performance: Engages through other social networks.
- Top locations by opens: Geographic statistics.
In addition, the Activities Tab will help you track the actions of subscribers such as reading emails, reporting emails ... The Links tab reports data of links attached in emails and many other tabs.
What Is Mailchimp Posts- The Importance Of Mailchimp For Email Marketing appeared first on Content - Journey to conquer Content Creator.