In some cases like when the iPhone and iPad hang and become unresponsive when pressing the power button, the traditional reboot way doesn't solve many problems, then a more powerful option to be used here is Hard Reset. So how to Hard Reset iPhone and iPad when it is frozen? Please follow the following articles of Taimienphi.vn offline!
There are various reasons why you might want to hard reset your iPhone and iPad. Hard reset is a way to force your device to shut down and reboot. This is especially useful when your iPad or iPad is unresponsive, freezes, or freezes. There are different ways to hard reset iPhones and iPads with home buttons and without Home buttons. Taimienphi.vn will share with you how to perform with the instructions below.
Instructions on how to hard reset iPhone and iPad when it is frozen
How to restart iPhone and iPad to freeze with the hard key
1. Perform a hard reset on series 11, iPhone XS series, iPhone XR, iPhone X and iPhone 8 series
On the iPhone 11 series, iPhone XS series, iPhone XR, iPhone X and iPhone 8 series, the physical key reboot process is different from other models. To perform a hard reset on these iPhone models, do the following:
- Press the volume up button and release your hand.
- Press the volume down button and release.
- Hold down the power button until the Apple logo appears.
Wait until the device reboots.
2. Perform a hard reset on iPhone 7 series
With iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, you can simply hold down the power button and volume down button simultaneously for 20 seconds (ignore notifications slide to power off) until the Apple logo appears.
3. Perform a hard reset on other iPhone models
When iPhone crashes, hard reset reboots phone and refreshes memory and apps running in it. This process does not erase the data and helps the iPhone start over. If your iPhone 5 / 5c / 5s, 6 / 6s or 6 Plus / 6s Plus freezes, follow these steps to force restart your iOS device:
- Hold down the Home button and the power button at the same time until the slide to power off slider appears.
- Continue to hold, when you see the Apple logo, release your hand.
Wait a few seconds for iPhone to restart.
4. Hard reset iPad with Home button
The standard reboot doesn't always solve the problems effectively. Occasionally, an iPad may freeze and become unresponsive to taps. In that case, you can try restarting iPad with physical key with following steps:
- Hold down the power key and the Home button at the same time.
Continue holding the button until the screen goes black.
When the Apple logo appears, release your hands from the buttons and let the iPad start as usual.
5. Hard reset iPad without Home button
On iPad models that don't have a physical Home button, do the following:
- Hold down the volume up button and release.
- Hold down the volume down button and release.
Hold down the power button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- Release to restart iPad.
If your iPhone and iPad freeze or become unresponsive to every action, you can restart the device with the hard key to resolve the issue. You won't lose any data by following this method and instead, it will just force your device to turn off and on again. The process is slightly different depending on the device you have, so learn and follow the instructions shared above. In addition, for your reference How to fix iPhone crashes here.